Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year Daybook - January 8, 2011

For Today January 9th, 2011.....................

Outside my window........

Its dark... 12:21 AM! It has been a very cold winter and tonight is no different. Cold and Snowy..... I am up because I have to wake Fizzer up for another dose of antibiotic at 1 AM. This is the third antibiotic in a row for this urinary tract infection. She is becoming antibiotic resistant and I am worried. Fizzer has had a problem with UTIs since she was 3. Her lining of her bladder is very thick. She does not empty it all the way because she does not realize she is still full. The urine sits and grows bacteria. We had such high hopes she was out-growing this. It had been 3 moths since the last UTI. Poor baby is in so much pain. This antibiotic is an every 6 hour one. Pray for the infection to clear up please........pray for her Kidneys not to be affected.......please just pray!

I have realized............

Goodness it has been almost a year since my last Daybook entry. I sure do make a terrible blogger. :-)

I am pondering...............

"If we should look for happiness apart from God, we will end up with loneliness and sorrow." Francis Carvajal

I am creating...........

Schedules and chore list.....boy have we found ourselves off tract. Its been such a crazy year. And with a new baby coming April 24th I feel the need to purge, declutter, and organize. What I crave most is to shed all that is not necessary and emerse myself in simplicity.

From the Learning Room...................

Simplicity has become the theme............. Bob and Fizz are doing the Alphabet Path, Rita Chew, Jo Jo, and Shooby are using mostly CHC with many real living books added. Rita Chew is using Elizabeth Foss's American History Plans for the most part. Simplicity................ I just want to enjoy and savor.

I am thankful for......................

A Peaceful Christmas Season. Advent was tough this year.........perhaps it was the overachiever in me. A friend became extremely ill and was in the hospital on the 23rd getting a biopsy on her lung. She has been diagnosed with Sarcoidosis. All of our Advent prep was on hold because we were preparing meals and taking care of her son while they made trip after trip to the doctors. She is still very sick.........her name is Cindy........please pray for her! On the 24th we lost a dear friend and Priest. Father Barry went home to be with the Lord just shortly before he was to say Mass. That evening as I was lamenting and frustrated that my perfect Christmas plans and projects were all going up in smoke I realized something very important.
In my frenzy to make all perfect for Christmas It dawned on me that God chose a dark cold cave with several stinky animals in residence as the perfect place for His Son to be born. Makes one realize................exactly who's idea of perfection am I trying to live up to anyway?
I am reading.....................
Lukewarmness: The Devil in Disguise by Francis Carvajal and The Complete Writings of Francis and Clare of Assisi

We are planning.............

A trip home to see my family! Its been a long time since we've been back to Florida. We will be stopping by the Shrine of the Blessed Sacrament (my favorite family retreat) on our way. I am so looking forward to the break.

A Few Plans for the Up Coming Week.........

Saturday - Travel 2hrs away to visit hubbys family
Sunday - Mass and get Anthony ready to go back to the Seminary (I miss having him here)
Monday - Back to School and hopefully finished working on these schedules
Tuesday - Begin my purging and decluttering
Wednesday - Mass in the evening
Thursday - Storybook Science at the Local Arboretum
Friday - SFO Formation for me and Mary's Maidens for Rita Chew
A picture thought I am sharing..............


Meet our daughter Agnes...due Easter Sunday, April 24th, 2011.

For More Simple Women’s Daybooks visit
Peggy!

No comments:

Post a Comment