Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's day began 8 smiling faces charging into my room with a plate full of pancakes, two eggs, and a card. After many kisses and hugs, Rita Chew arrived with my coffee and prayer books the door closes and silence.............well sort of. I could hear the pitter patter of little feet traveling up and down the stairs, closet doors opening and closing, running water, giggles and squeals of delight.


My eyes drift to the window drinking in the beauty of God's creation............."Most High and Glorious God..............." These are the most precious moments of my day..........moments I hold deep within my heart.........moments that become living prayer. An Encounter with Christ which last through out my whole day. As a Mother my prayer naturally begins with prayers of intercession......sometimes pleading. The kind of prayers that could only radiate from deep within the heart of a mother for her children. "Bless them Father, keep them close to you......"
My heart turns to my children here with me and those who look down on us from Heaven. I pray for my darling God Daughter, and for the two whom God has entrusted me to care for while their mommy is away. For my spiritual children................. the priest and young seminarians whom God has called me to offer my maternal prayers and sacrifices of my physical motherhood for the sake of their Vocations; and the Poor Clares whom I pray for everyday.



I thank God for the gift of my Vocation as Wife and Mother. I thank God for calling me to offer my self in Spiritual Motherhood. I am blessed!


But today my heart and prayers are consumed by prayers for you my friend. I know you ache for your children. I know you feel broken and defeated. Nothing is hopeless.....................God has not abandoned you and he never will. He loves you "from the stars to the moon" too! I am praying for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment