Sunday, May 10, 2009

Growing Roses

You know I started this blog a while back as a way for family to keep up with whats going on in our lives. I have not been very faithful partially because I have been so busy. With the hubby in College, homeschooling, and the many other things I've had my hands in there has not been that much time. In the past year I have really been re-evaluating somethings. In my Zeal I had been taking on way too many things outside the home, and my family was suffering for it. I want to share a quote I came across in Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality. Mother speaks about the Christian Vocation............


"The Christian Vocation is simple: You are first a child of God, and the state of life God has placed you in is the source of your holiness."

How easy it is to find ourselves extremely busy doing many wonderful things all for Our Lord. Planting new seeds, cultivating new plants, but at the same time neglecting the beautiful rose bush that he has given us charge of. It does not matter how many wonderful apostolates we have if we truly want to be holy, if we truly want to please our Lord we must be faithful to the duties of our state in life. Its that simple. So over the next few days I'll share with you how my roses are coming along.............I am not much of a gardener, but with God's grace................but for today I wanted to share that my Gardening Partner (dear hubby) graduated with his BS in Information Technology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His Mom, Nanny, Sister, Brother-in-law, and their kids all came to share the day with us! And I have to say this was the best Mother's Day present I could ever receive! Here's some pictures of our proud graduate:



God is Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment