Some Plans for Lent and Easter coming up
Lenten Calendar (Idea comes from Jessica )
Jessica’s Family offers a different intention for each day of the week such as:
Monday - For an End to Abortion
Tuesday – For our Family and God Parents/Children
Wednesday – For Our Holy Father and his Intentions
Friday – For the Vocations of Our Priest & and Seminarians
Saturday - For our Deceased Relatives
Sunday - In Thanksgiving for God's Blessings
But this year being the Year For Priest, I felt it more appropriate to offer each day of the week for a different Priest and then the weekend will be for the Bishop and Pope.
Monday – Fr. Bob
Tuesday – Fr. Subler
Wednesday – Fr. Brunning (my Godfather)
Thursday – Fr. Tolin
Friday - Fr. Streitenberger
Saturday – Our Bishop
Sunday – His Holiness Pope Bennedict XVI
Spiritual Motherhood for Priest is something I whole heartidly believe in and have practiced for years. So this year has had a special meaning for me. If by now you have not read this document…………………..You Should!
This Years Lenten Resolutions for our family are:
- Each Morning for the Special Intention of the Day
- Daily Rosary (for an end to abortion 40 days for Life)
- Daily Mass
- Stations of the Cross on Friday
· No meat on Fridays
· Fast from all electronic games (total limit 30 min per week)
· No Television or Movies unless EWTN or Religious Videos (Sunday’s excluded)
· 40 bags in 40 days (We will record the number of bags on our calander)
· Wednesday Soup Suppers at the Parish – donate money saved to the poor
Feb 16th Shrove Tuesday
- Change Family Altar in the evening to reflect Lent for the next day
1. Each family member writes down Lenten offering and places it in an envelope next to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
2. Mass 530 pm
Lenten Bible Study - Jesus Tree
Little Flowers of Saint Francis/The Life of Saint Francis of Assisi
Writings of Saint Francis and Clair
Our Holy Week Plans will consist of:
-Palm Sunday 28 March - Make 8 our Pascal Candle
- Make Hot Cross Buns for Friday.
- Make Thank You Card to give to Father Tonight (Discuss the institution of the Priesthood) *** Make Father Streitenberger early so we can mail it.
- For dinner ~ Pot Luck at Church
- 7 pm ~ Mass of the Lord's Supper.
- Hot cross buns for breakfast.
- Story time: The Little Rose of Sharon
- Color Stations while listening to Holy Hero Stations of the Cross CD
- Noon until 3:00 pm Sacred Silence
- 3pm cover all images of Jesus with purple cloth
- 7 pm Veneration of the Cross at the Church
- Older to watch Passion of Christ
- Decorate Easter eggs.
- Make Resurrection Cookies.
- Prepare Easter baskets for Priest
- Prepare food for tomorrow.
- Prepare clothing for tomorrow.
- Easter Vigil Prayers at Home.
- Assemble Easter baskets
- Early Mass.
- Light Pascal Candle.
- Read Bible Story for today and place symbol on Jesus Tree.
- Easter Baskets for kids.
- Brunch at home..
My personal resolutions are:
- from splenda in my coffee and blogging (includes reading blogs which I do a lot of)
- give money saved from splenda in my coffee each week to Food for Poor
This is my last post until after Easter (unless I can get a daybook in before bedtime). I will be sure to post lots of pictures, I pray you all have a blest Lent.